Guideline for Customer
1. Customer should request for quotation (all price quoted is in Brunei Dollars only) from Calibration Centre through email (email@example.com) or fax 2380643.
(Notes: All detail of each equipment should be provided. Such as Equipment name, Model, Serial number and Manufacturer as we require this information before we can quote the price)
2. Customer should reply once they received the formal quotation from Calibration Centre by signing the quotation with the P.O. The calibration work will be commence once Calibration Centre received the approval from the customer.
3. Customer required to fill the form *download*(refer to appendix 4) which need to be send along with the equipment to Calibration Centre.
(Notes: Calibration Centre does not provide transportation for collecting or delivering of equipment to its customer site)
4. Calibration Centre will perform calibration only to equipment that has been agreed in the contract. Equipment coming-in faulty will not be accepted.
5. The turn-round time or the completion of job for established measurement shall take no longer than one month but subjected to the current workload and nature of work.
6. Cancellation of order after the execution of work is liable to charges of up to 30% from quoted price.
7. Equipment will not be released to customer until full payment of services has been paid (Customer need to get the invoices which will be provided by the Calibration Centre once the equipment is calibrated). However, companies which have strong financial position or good funding reputation are an exception.
8. The equipment leaving Calibration Centre is fully calibrated. Once leaving Calibration Centre it is not guarantee the item is still complying with specification. These are due to factors such as environmental condition, short term drift and stability. However, if the equipment is proved not complying with its specification by reason of faulty workmanship Calibration Centre under its own discretion will check and re-calibrate the item for free.
Internal Audit Visit by SAV representative
Tuesday, 13/12/2016 - a representative from SAV Anduki Seria Pg Hj Sulaiman bin Pg Md Salleh (Quality Assurance Engineer) has conduct an internal audit on calibration facilities in Calibration Centre. The objective of the internal audit conduct is to check the capabilities on the facilities use for calibration and the competency of the staff who involve in calibration work.
Yussof bin Taha – Quality Manager of Calibration Centre (Left),
Pg Hj Sulaiman bin Pg Hj Salleh – SAV representative
(Middle) & Lim Tiong Thai – Manager of Calibration Centre (Right),
during the opening briefing before the internal audit is conduct.
Pg Hj Sulaiman checking all the procedure and certificate use
for calibration work as part of the objective of his visit to Calibration Centre
For queries and requests:
Lim Tiong Thai
Ministry of Defence
Bolkiah Garrison BB3510
Tel : 2386475 / 2386469
Fax : 2380643
International Fax : +6732380643
*To minimise the time of customer's equipment registration the Job Indent form is available to