JFHQ will have the capability to:
1. Support the JFC and the component commanders in the planning for, and command and conduct of, various tactical-level operations (tactical control will be retained by the commander of the assigned unit/s)
2. Function as a single point of contact for RBAF with other government departments and agencies, and allied and other foreign operational-level joint headquarters.
- With a full functioning JFHQ, the JFC would be responsible to Commander RBAF for:
- all planning and execution of RBAF missions,
- operational-level command and control of all joint and/or combined (international) operations and exercises, and
- the employment of assigned RBAF assets.
- With the JFC being given the responsibility for employing and deploying assigned RBAF assets, the Service Commanders would focus solely on being responsible for raising, training and sustaining the assets under their command for operational readiness.
- JFHQ with its permanent staff responsible to conduct Joint Planning and execute the operations thus providing a unity of Command and Control form the JOC in the JFHQ.
- The principal areas of guidance will be:
- Oversight of the development of Joint Force and related single Service Doctrine.
- A comprehensive annual exercise program mapping single and joint service training activities against the force's primary operational roles.
- Reviewing the outcomes of the exercise program and operational deployment to guide future development.
- Establishing and monitoring preparedness benchmarks for each of the services.
- Planning for significant operational deployments.
- Arrangements for cooperation with civil agencies including information exchanges and operational coordination.
- Conduct Joint / Combined Operation Maintenance of Sovereignty
- Conduct Joint Exercise
- Operating IMT and Lebanon Deployment
Markas Angkatan Bersama,
Angkatan Bersenjata Diraja Brunei,
Negara Brunei Darussalam
- Telephone: 2386481/520
- Fax: 2381451
- Email: Joc@mindef.gov.bn