An Overview of The Centre of Science and Technology Research and Development (CSTRAD)
As CSTRAD’s vision is to be a leading science and technology agency for defence and security, it needs to build up a strong community of scientists and engineers. It intends to achieve this through strong collaboration with the universities, research institutes, government departments and the industry to meet the defence and security needs of Brunei Darussalam.
Roles and Functions
CSTRAD’s primary roles and functions are as follows:
• To advise MINDEF on all defence science and technology matters;
• To undertake and ensure all acquisition processes associated with RBAF capabilities development and force modernisation are transparent and timely;
• To design, build and support defence equipment from cradle to grave;
• To provide technical and scientific assistance to all RBAF operations;
• To investigate future technologies for defence and security application;
• To provide engineering and related services in defence areas; and
• To promote and facilitate the development of defence science and technology community in Brunei Darussalam.
At CSTRAD Our Values are:
• Professional – We do our work with expert knowledge and skill;
• Integrity – We maintain a high standard of ethics and managed resources responsibly;
• Committed – We are committed to do our best; and
• Innovative – We constantly seek new ideas and encourage creativity to provide solution for our customers.
With the formation of the CSTRAD, the Ministry of Defence has achieved another milestone where the Centre is regarded as an essential element of force multiplier and will become the important thrust in shaping the defence strategy and Royal Brunei Armed Force’s modernization.