RB Navy Bilateral Ties
In order to increase the ability and professionalism of all personnel in Royal Brunei Navy, internal and bilateral exercises are conducted regularly. Internal exercises are as follows:
- Exercise 'Sembilang' is an exercise conducted yearly together with the Marine Police, Royal Brunei Police Force. This exercise aimed to improve the cooperation in operation between the two security agencies in Negara Brunei Darussalam.
Fleet Concentration Period held twice a year. The purpose of this exercise is mainly for the ships' crew to practise their skills in all ships handling evolutions and to increase their knowledge in maritime warfare.
Exercise 'Bersatu' is conducted three times a year which is conducted between the Support Squadron of Royal Brunei Navy and the Royal Brunei Land Force.
Exercise Blue Tombak is mainly for base defence exercise which is conducted yearly. This exercise is no less important for the Royal Brunei Navy in preparation for defending the base from any attack coming from land, sea or air.
Exercise 'Hikmat Bersatu' involves all Units in the Royal Brunei Armed Forces and it is held once every two year. For this exercise the Royal Brunei Navy plays an important role in providing support to the other Units in mobilising of troops and beach landings while playing her role in defending Brunei territorial waters.
Bilateral Exercises together with friendly Navies from neighbouring and foreign countries is a programme to bind a closer bilateral relationship, which the Royal Brunei Navy has received in total of 20 visits from senior officers and 20 visits from other foreign ships from neighbouring countries in the year 2003 only. Some of the Bilateral Exercises that are conducted yearly are as follows:
- Exercise Hornbill is conducted together with Royal Malaysian Navy and has reached serial 15 in the year 2002.
- Exercise 'Helang Laut' is conducted together with Indonesian Navy and has reached serial 5 in the year 2002.
Exercise Pelican is conducted together with Republic of Singaporean Navy and has reached serial 25 in the year 2003.
- Exercise Pigeon is conducted together with the Royal Navy, only when the opportunity arises from Royal Navy ships visit to Brunei.
Exercise Kingfisher is conducted together with the United State of American Navy once yearly, and also in conjunction with Carat Exercise (Cooperation Afloat, Readiness and Training) which has reached serial 15 on Jun 2003.
- Exercise Penguin is conducted together with the Royal Australian Navy which is conducted once every two years and has reached serial 11 in the year 2002.