Administration & Manpower
Directorate of Administration and Manpower is the centre for management and administration of civil manpower as well as to provide support services to the Ministry of Defence in matters relating to Civilian administration, training and discipline, religious affairs, ex-servicemen veteran and Gurkha Reserve Unit.
Before Ministry of Defence was established, Directorate of Administration and Manpower (DAM) was formerly known as Force Civil Manpower Office (FCMO). In the 1970s, this department was headed by a Force Civil Manpower officer and the main office was situated in Berakas Camp. The function of this department was to manage the administration matter concerning personnel in the Royal Brunei Malay Regiment.
In 1983, the post for Head of Force Civil Manpower was later known as Civil Secretary under the Superscale 'C' Group.
After independence and the establishment of Ministry of Defence in 1984, Force Civil Manpower Office was administered by a Permanent Secretary. In 1986, the Force Civil Manpower Office was later changed into a Directorate and was renamed as Directorate of Policy and Administration (DPA). It was under the administration of a Director of Policy and Administration. The main office was situated at Istana Nurul Iman.
In 1988, two Permanent Secretary was later appointed in the Ministry of Defence. Then Directorate of Policy and Administration was renamed as Directorate of Administration and Manpower (DAM) until today. This directorate is under the administration of the Permanent Secretary (Policy and Administration). The main office is situated in the Ministry of Defence, Bolkiah Garrison.
To provide Human Resources and Services to Support the Needs of Ministry of Defence,
- As an administration centre to manage the affairs of civil manpower.
- To provide the needs and development of civil manpower.
- To manage the financial matters for civil personnel of Ministry of Defence (MINDEF).
- To provide manpower in technical maintenance services for the Royal Brunei Armed Forces (RBAF).
- To provide manpower for the maintenance of environmental in site camps and housekeeping services.
- To provide services concerning religious affairs for RBAF and MINDEF as a whole.
- To provide services in managing the welfare of veteran soldiers (army retirees).
RECEPTION - 2386367