Finance & Acquisition
The Directorate of Finance and Acquisition was formed in late 1986. Before its formation, the finance and procurement functions were under the jurisdiction of two separate units:
From 1985 to late 1986, the Finance Section, which was then known as the Government Services Section, was under the control of the Civil Secretary. Prior to that, it was under the responsibility of SO2 Finance.
As for the Procurement function, up to end of 1983 it was under the jurisdiction of OC Logistics. Then in January 1984 a separate Procurement Unit was formed to take over the Procurement function and it was headed by the OC Procurement, who was a Major.
With the formation of the Directorate of Finance and Acquisition, most of the posts previously held by the military personnel were civilianised, to release Royal Brunei Armed Forces personnel to military duties. However, a few Royal Brunei Armed Forces personnel are still retained in Procurement to provide support and to liaise with the end-users.
The Directorate of Finance & Acquisition was formed to provide support services to Royal Brunei Armed Forces, Gurkha Reserve Unit and all Directorates under the Ministry of Defence in matters relating to Finance and Procurement.
Assisting the customers (Ministry of Defence, Royal Brunei Armed Forces and Gurkha Reserve Unit) in procuring equipments and services which meet their requirement in terms of quality, delivery period and value for money.
To meet the delivery period based on priority system issued by the end-user which meet the operational needs of those concerned.
- To obtain procure and manage the budget
- To obtain items and services required by end-user
- To process payment
- To advise on matters regarding finance and procurement
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submission and management of Ministry of Defence annual budget
- To ensure all procuring processes ( purchasing, maintenance, services, etc ) are carried out according to the government financial regulations.
- Ensuring that all finance processes ( payment, receiving, etc) are carried out according to the government financial regulation.
- Process applications for use of RBAF budget on training courses
- Process, obtain approval and carry out write-off
- Carrying out internal audit in accordance to requirements
- Negotiating cost and assisting in draughting purchasing contract
- Secretariat to the Tender Evaluation Committee, Ministry of Defence
- Secretariat to the Budget Committee, Ministry of Defence
- Secretariat to the Write-off Committee, Ministry of Defence