ADMM PLUS HADR & MM EX
At the 9th ASEAN Chiefs of Defence Forces Informal Meeting (ACDFIM) held on 30 March 12, the delegates agreed that Singapore and Brunei will co-host the 2nd ASEAN Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise (AHX) in Brunei in 2013. The ASEAN Defence Senior Officials' Meeting (ADSOM) and ADSOM-Plus, held on 24-26 April 12, supported the conduct of a ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM) Plus HADR & Military Medicine (MM) Exercise by building on the success of the inaugural AHX as well as the successes of the five ADMM-Plus Experts' Working Groups. At this instance, EWG HADR co-chaired by People’s Republic of China and Socialist Republic of Viet Nam and EWG MM co-chaired by Republic of Singapore and Japan. This proposal was further supported by the 6th ADMM in May 12. The ADMM-Plus HADR & MM Exercise will be held in Brunei from 16 to 20 June 2013.
The participating countries are ASEAN Plus countries, they are; Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Myanmar, Malaysia, Laos, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, United States of America and Vietnam.
- Natural disaster scenario-based affecting a fictitious state.
- Focusing more on Military-to-Military cooperation.
- Activities concentrated upon search and rescue, military medicine, engineer tasks and delivery and distribution of aid/supply (land, sea and air).
- To enhance interoperability and understanding through cooperation and contribution of military assets and personnel from ADMM-Plus nations.
- To exercise a Joint HADR operation incorporating the Military Medicine in a multi-national environment.
- To enhance and increase military practical cooperation to the next level by bringing together the ADMM-Plus countries in a joint exercise;
- To build upon ASEAN experiences from the ASEAN Militaries’ HADR Exercise and draw upon the successes of the five ADMM Plus Experts’ Working Groups (EWG) and;
- To enhance military-to-military interoperability, co-ordination and cooperation amongst participating countries in a HADR scenario incorporating military medicine.
We have 7 guests and no members online
- Articles View Hits
ADMM Central Secretariat
Directorate of Defence Policy
Block D, Third Floor,
Bolkiah Garrison, BB3510
Ministry of Defence
After Working Hours